Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my blog!

I’m a community pharmacist in Milton, Ontario. Pharmacy care is changing. It’s getting better – becoming even more comprehensive, accessible and convenient for patients and customers.

But the business of pharmacy that forms the whole foundation for the health care pharmacists provide is changing, too.

These are the issues I’ll be writing about – the good and the bad – and my thoughts on both.

Thank you for reading, and I would appreciate your comments and emails.

Faisal Khawaja

Pharmacist

1 comment:

  1. Faisal- I couldn't agree with you more! Your comments are right on the money. Pharmacists are a critical piece of the health care system, our patients appreciate what we do for them everyday. We need to spend our time and resources providing care to our patients and not fighting for the right to remain a viable business. Be assured that we do not have "Fat Profit Margins" I know that when I see my financial statements. Pharmacists are at a critical juncture- we have so much to offer! At a time when we are facing a possible Flu pandemic, we need pharmacists more than ever. The government doesn't understand how our business works and I fear that we cannot absorb any more cost cutting measures. Thanks Faisal for speaking out- Pharmacists please listen - your livelihood is at stake.

    ReplyDelete